Real Madrid v Tottenham (Tuesday, 7.45pm) and Manchester City v Napoli (Tuesday, 7.45pm)

Here's what he's predicting for the six clashes involving British sides...

Real Madrid v Tottenham (Tuesday, 7.45pm)

Watching Spurs is never high on my agenda but I have to admit I'm looking forward to this. It's a cracking game and a great test for Mauricio Pochettino and his team.
I liked the way they played against Dortmund but they now come up against a side who represent everything great about this competition.

Harry Kane has already scored five Champions League goals
Harry Kane has already scored five Champions League goals
People may know what I think about Sergio Ramos and the problems he causes for his team. He will be in for a real test in facing Harry Kane and I could see him being wound up into a red card.
If there's a club which would suit Kane then it is Real as he's an upgrade for Karim Benzema, and I think him and Cristiano Ronaldo both to find the net is nailed on.
Marco Asensio is the next superstar and I see him replacing Gareth Bale on the right flank, while Eric Dier will have a tough job in picking up Isco.
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm going for Tottenham to get a result here.
Charlie predicts: 2-2 and Ronaldo to score first (35/1 with Sky Bet)

Manchester City v Napoli (Tuesday, 7.45pm)

Merse was drooling over Man City on Saturday and watching it back, with their interplay, they just have a Barcelona feel about them now.
Yes that leaves you vulnerable at the back but Stoke's two goals came and went without a blink of the eye as they struck back in the most emphatic manner.

Manchester City scored another seven goals at the weekend
Manchester City scored another seven goals at the weekend
Kevin De Bruyne is absolutely incredible at the moment and he's linking together with David Silva brilliantly, but Napoli are a strong outfit and will provide a real test for Pep Guardiola's side.
If they can win this then I would say this all but puts them through. I've said from the start this City team will score bundles of goals this season and I can see it continuing here.
Charlie predicts: 4-2 and Gabriel Jesus to score first (66/1 with Sky Bet)

Maribor v Liverpool (Tuesday, 7.45pm)

I have to say when I was looking at this that I felt there was a big opportunity for a bet on Maribor at 20/1.
I don't think they have changed much in their approach of sitting in and playing on the counter-attack, which they did against Celtic a couple of years ago. We know that's where Liverpool have issues.

Jurgen Klopp has cut a frustrated figure on the sidelines
Jurgen Klopp has cut a frustrated figure on the sidelines
There's agitation and annoyance in Liverpool, not just with Jurgen Klopp, who must be sick to death of saying 'we were the better team again'.
I think this will be another tough night for Liverpool. I think it could even be a late goal for them to get the win, with captain Jordan Henderson coming to the rescue with an overdue goal.
Charlie predicts: 0-1 and Henderson to score first (80/1 with Sky Bet)

Comments