Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa has played down concerns about his fitness

 

Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa has played down concerns about his fitness before the national team's 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match with Sierra Leone at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium.


The free agent who last wore the colours of Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia has been inactive since October 22, 2020 when he went the distance against Al-Taawon in the Saudi Pro League, raising genuine concerns regarding his match fitness.

Manager Gernot Rohr has kept faith with his captain since the start of the 2020-2021 season, naming him on both rosters for the friendlies with Algeria and Tunisia, as well as the AFCON qualifiers double header.

Asked at Thursday's press conference how he would blend with the Super Eagles team even though he's not affiliated with any club, Musa told reporters including allnigeriasoccer.com : "I was with the team for the last game, I left my club just two weeks ago. I have been with my club training for  two weeks before I came into Nigeria.

"I don't think there's anything important about that, so I am just here with the boys, everything is going on good."


Comments