Osimhen: Napoli Still Believe In The Scudetto, Hails Spalletti’s Influence

 


Victor Osimhen believes Napoli can still win the Serie A title this season despite last Sunday’s 1-0 home defeat to AC Milan.

Napoli remain in third position following the defeat, three points adrift league leaders Milan

Osimhen admitted he and his teammates were disppointed to lose the crucial game.

“The defeat against Milan hurt us. We didn’t have a great game but of course we are aware that we played against a strong team,” the forward told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“We have analyzed in depth the match and the mistakes made in order to correct them but I repeat that it was a hard defeat to digest.”

The Partenopei played second fiddle to Milan for majority of the game.

Many have questioned the club’s ability to win the title, but Osimhen believes the team is still very much in the title race and can celebrate Lo scudetto with their fans in May.

“Of course we believe it. Fans too must continue to believe it despite the defeat against Milan. We are aware of our strength and continue to hope for the best,”he added.

” I believe it a lot. We know that from here to the end of the season we will face many difficult games but we still believe in it.”

The Nigeria international also hailed the influence of manager Luciano Spalletti on him and his teammates since his arrival at the club.

“Spalletti has been instrumental in my further growth since he arrived. I can only say a big thank you, but not only me, I also speak on behalf of my teammates,”declared the 23-year-old.

“He has always been good at encouraging us regardless of the results and difficulties related above all to injuries.

” He encouraged every squad player, including me of course. I feel privileged to walk this path by his side and I know that much more can teach me.”

Comments