2026 WCQ: Musona Dedicates Goal Against Super Eagles To Zimbabwe Teammates

 

2026 WCQ: Musona Dedicates Goal Against Super Eagles To Zimbabwe Teammates

Zimbabwe forward Walter Musona has dedicated his superb strike in the 1-1 draw against Nigeria to his teammates.

Musona gave the Warriors the lead from a well struck free-kick from outside the box in the 26th minute of the encounter.

It was the 27-year-old’s first goal for Zimbabwe.

The striker eulogised his teammates for their role in the goal

“I want to thank my teammates, for helping me, for encouraging me. My main aim was to hit target with the free- kick and it went in,” he said in a short video interview posted on the official X handle of the Zimbabwe Football Association.

Musona also reflected on the team’s performance against the Super Eagles.

“I’m taking it game by game. We need to spend more time together, to get the combinations right.”

Comments