Pastor Jerry Eze apologises to worshippers denied entry at Old Trafford prayer conference

 


Pastor Jerry Eze has apologised to worshippers who were turned away from the NSPPD UK Prayer Conference held at Manchester United’s 74,000-capacity Old Trafford stadium in Manchester, United Kingdom.

The conference, organised by Eze’s Streams of Joy International, attracted worshippers from across Britain and other parts of the world. Although admission was free, attendees were encouraged to register ahead of the event as places were limited, with demand reportedly exceeding availability.

In a video message addressing the development on Monday, Eze apologised to those who travelled long distances for the gathering but could not gain entry, saying some came from as far as Australia, North Macedonia and Sweden.

“Before I continue, I want to sincerely, from the depth of my heart, apologise. Apologise to the tens of thousands of people who were turned back,” Eze said.

He said he felt particularly bad after learning that thousands were still asked to leave despite travelling from different parts of the world for the prayer meeting.

“Some people travelled very far from Australia, from North Macedonia, from Sweden, from different parts of the world to come. I felt so sorry. I cannot even tell you how bad I felt when I heard that there were still tens of thousands who were asked to go back,” he said.

Eze, however, said the situation was beyond his control and that of Streams of Joy, while acknowledging the disappointment expressed by affected attendees on social media.

Comments

Popular Posts