TRANSFER NEWS: Nigeria defender Chidinma Okeke has completed a permanent move to Madrid from Nigeria's FC Robo. She'll don the number 17 jersey for the Spanish club and is set to open her debut against Real Betis on Sunday. Read more:

According to Goal.com, the defender signed the dotted lines after completing medical at the club earlier this month The publication also revealed that the former NWPL star became Madrid's eighth signing after the arrival of Monica Hickmann, Bruna Tavares, Marie-Laure Delie, Itziar Pinillos, Claudia Blanco, Macarena Portales and Marta Turmo.
 Okeke will don the number 17 jersey for her Spanish outfit where she will face compatriot Asisat Oshoala who plays for Barcelona women in the new season. Reacting to her dream move, Okeke said: "I’m very delighted to join one of the top Spanish women’s teams - Madrid. "It’s a dream come true to be able to play in Europe and the start of a new chapter in my professional career. 
"I wish to appreciate all who have been part of my journey and also made this move possible. It is a great feeling for me and I am really excited to be here and eager to help the club to success." 

Comments