Done Deal: Nwakaeme Rejoins Trabzonspor On Two-Year Contract


 Turkish Super Lig outfit Trabzonspor have announced the signing of Nigerian striker Anthony Nwakaeme.


Nwakaeme, who penned a two-year contract with Trabzonspor will wear the number nine shirt.

The 35-year-old was previously in the books of the Black Sea Storm from 2018 to 2022.

The powerful forward scored 41 goals in 120 league appearances during that spell.

“Today is the reunion day for lovers. We are very happy to bring a valuable player like Nwakaeme back to Trabzonspor,” Vice President Nevzat Kaya told the club’s official website.

“First of all, I would like to thank our President ErtuÄŸrul DoÄŸan, our Coach Abdullah Avcı and my manager friends for this transfer. I would like to thank dear Trabzonspor fans. Because they loved Nwakaeme very much, and Nwakaeme loved them very much.”

Nwakaeme said that he was very happy to return to Trabzonspor.

“I am so happy today. Because today, after a 2-year break, I am in Trabzon again, in Trabzonspor. There was a separation, but our fans made me feel that that love never ended on social media, as if I had never left, as if I was continuing to play here,” he stated.

“You don’t know what will happen in life, you may not be able to predict what will happen in the future, but I am here now. And I’m so happy to be here. I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this transfer.

“This is where I’m used to. This is the place I know. Because I know what kind of club this club is. This is a club that always wants to win every match it plays. “I know that our fans also want this and I will always do my best.”

Comments